I want to volunteer my time or make a donation
We are working with North Shore organizations to assess the kind of help our community needs. We will add more opportunities as they are available.
- Lions Gate Hospital Foundation: Donate medical supplies and in-kind donations to help COVID-19 care at Lions Gate Hospital
- Canadian Blood Services: There has been a decline in donations. Canadian Blood Services has developed enhanced measures to ensure donor safety.
- North Shore Community Foundation: This foundation has created a new fund to facilitate grants to charitable organizations serving those affected on the North Shore by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- West Vancouver Foundation: This foundation has created a new fund to facilitate grants to charitable organizations serving those affected in West Vancouver and the North Shore by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Province of BC: The provincial government has set up a system to locally procure products and services that are required for pandemic response.
- North Shore Community Resources: Safe Seniors, Strong Communities Volunteer program: Volunteers will be connected with seniors on the North Shore who need help with grocery shopping & delivery; prescription pick-up & delivery; meal delivery, or who would like to receive a friendly check-in call. If you want to volunteer, call 2-1-1, or fill out the intake form at bc211.ca. BC211 will do an initial screening and forward your contact details to North Shore Community Resources who will be in touch to provide a program orientation. For further information, contact Elaine Smith at 604-982-3307 or email.
- The Canadian Red Cross: Volunteer opportunities exist for both the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP), which loans health equipment on a short-term basis to those in need, and the Client Services Volunteers program to help greet clients and ensure they receive the support they need.
- DNV Fire Charity COVID-19 Emergency Response: DNV Firefighters Charitable Society has partnered with the Harvest Project of the North Shore to fundraise in support of their programming including delivering groceries to isolated seniors and purchasing grocery gift cards for those financially strained.
- Caregiver Coach and Peer Support Program: This program recruits, trains, and matches volunteer coaches to be of emotional and practical support to caregivers on the North Shore. The program is currently seeking focus group participants, Advisory Committee members, and caregiver coaches to help shape the program in the initial planning stages. If you are interested, please email Elizabeth Bishop.
- D.E.E.N Youth Volunteer Project Society: Back to School Supplies Drive. Please donate new or lightly used school supplies for kids in lower income families on the North Shore. To arrange donation or for more information please call 604-700-7739 or email.
Neighbourhood Small Grants
Small grants are available for neighbourhood projects.
- Vancouver Foundation
Grants of up to $500 for individuals with ideas to help connect and engage residents in their neighbourhood.
Visit their webiste
- Responsive Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG)
NSG provides grants of up to $500 for projects that connect people socially or involve sharing skills or talents with each other.
Projects must stay within guidelines for physical distancing.
Visit their website